Where should I begin?
CDC's LEAN Works! will guide you in creating an obesity prevention and control program that encourages employees to become more active and make healthier nutrition choices. Planning is essential to ensure the success of your program.
Consider the following when planning your program:
- Integration of the program into your organization's mission and policies.
- Commitment from and participation by management and key stakeholders throughout the program.
- Employee involvement in the planning and implementation of activities.
- Implementation of activities that address employee needs and wants.
- Adequate resources and funding.
WELCOA's 7 Benchmarks of Success* (PDF-3Mb)
This document discusses a number of common elements inherent in planning successful health promotion initiatives.
The key steps of this phase are to–
- Conduct a needs assessment
- Gain support from senior management
- Form a committee
- Develop mission, goals, and objectives
- Identify program budget
- Expert Interview
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as *.pdf files. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.
* Links to non-Federal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.