What program components and activities should I include?
Now that you have completed the Plan phase, you are ready to build your obesity prevention and control program.
Key components to consider when building your program include the following:
- Involve employees throughout the build process.
- Offer programs at a time and place convenient to employees.
- Reward participants for achieving program goals.
- Offer a variety of programs to meet different employee needs.
- Change the workplace environment to support healthy lifestyles (e.g., provide healthy selections in vending machines, post pictures or newsletter articles of successful participants, and offer healthy low fat foods in cafeteria).
Whether you are starting a new program or improving your current program, this section contains the steps you need to get started. The key steps of this phase are to–
- Determine activities
- Create an activity action plan
- Expert Interview - Kristi Schalow
- Expert Interview - Tonya Vyhlidal
- Expert Interview - William B. Baun
- Expert Interview - David M. DeJoy