Rapid Prostate Specific Antigen Testing for Detecting Semen Exposure
The ABAcard® p30 test (Abacus Diagnostics, Inc.) was designed for the rapid forensic identification of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in semen. This test has been adapted for use as a semi-quantitative test to detect the PSA protein in female genital secretions as a marker of recent exposure to semen.
At the conclusion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the materials needed to perform the PSA test.
- Test the standards as controls proficiently.
- Explain how to properly extract a specimen from the testing swab.
- Apply the specimen to the testing cards properly.
- Interpret the PSA test for accurate result reporting.