Packing and Shipping Division 6.2 Materials
Course Title: Packing and Shipping Division 6.2 Materials
Course Description: This course is intended for learners who want to update their certification in packaging and shipping of infectious substances (Division 6.2 materials).
You should already be acquainted with general packaging and shipping requirements. This course will provide details and information you need for recurrent training.
This course should take approximately 2 hours to complete. It is divided into the following four modules:
- Module One: Hazardous Materials Regulations Overview
- Module Two: Classification
- Module Three: Packaging
- Module Four: Documentation
Modules Two through Four begin with a review section, followed by interactive scenarios that allow you to apply your knowledge. Supplemental information is available for your use while you complete the scenarios
Course Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Classify specimens as an exempt human or animal specimen or either category A or category B infectious substance.
- Identify basic packaging concepts and processes for exempt human and animal specimens, category A and category B infectious substances and dry ice.
- List the documents required to accompany packages containing category A and category B infectious substances.
- Describe the documentation process for category A and category B infectious substances including specific differences dependent upon mode of transportation.
Course Credits: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Laboratory Training Branch is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. This course is approved for 2.0 contact hours.
This course has been approved for 2.0 contact hours in the category Supervision/Administration, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, and Safety for Florida Laboratory Licensees.