SADA Application Instructions
All scientists requesting select agents from NCEZID must submit a SADA application for each select agent requested.
To apply to SADA, you must be a Principal Investigator, Laboratory Director or equivalent (public or academic institution), or a Director of Research or equivalent (private or for-profit institution). The requester must be registered with the Select Agent Program for use of the select agent at the site and facility where the research will take place.
All requesters, except for public health laboratories, are required to pay a user fee in advance of select agent shipment and after application approval that includes costs for materials, handling, and shipping. User fees vary by agent.
ProcedureFollow the steps below to complete the SADA application process:
- Download and print the SADA application form.
- Submit the documents listed below. All applications must contain original, ink signatures. The SADA program cannot accept electronic or faxed applications.
- Section 1. Provide the required information.
- Section 2. Initial where indicated. If you are not a United States Government employee, you must complete either the Standard Indemnification Agreement or the State Institution Compliance Agreement provided with the application packet as appropriate for your institution.
- Please Note: If your institution cannot agree to the terms of either indemnification agreement, you are not eligible to receive select agents from NCEZID. The form must be signed by the applicant and countersigned by an official capable of legally binding the institution (e.g., president, vice-president, dean, provost, corporate officer).
- Section 3. Complete the enclosed Biographical Sketch form or attach a brief curriculum vitae. A Biographical Sketch from a recent NIH grant proposal is also acceptable.
- Section 4. Research Focus. Limit to a maximum of one page in length. Complete or attach abstract from grant proposal.
- Completed APHIS/CDC Form 1 signed by local Responsible Official with SAP transaction ID.
Mail your completed application with original signatures and other required documents, including APHIS/CDC Form 1, to:
Select Agent Distribution Activity -MS C17
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30333
The SADA Executive Committee, an advisory board established to review applications and provide program oversight and guidance, will review each application and notify applicants once a decision is made.