Vision: Laboratory information contributes to optimized healthcare decision making.
The Laboratory Health Information Technology (LabHIT) Team in the CDC’s Division of Laboratory Systems was formed to facilitate the safe and effective integration of laboratory information in the electronic health record and health information technology for the benefit of patients and healthcare providers. The LabHIT Team focuses its efforts on the following three areas:
- engaging laboratory professionals,
- supporting interoperable health information standards, and
- advancing usability of laboratory information.
ONC: The Path to Interoperability
3 min, 25 sec Sep 18, 2013
- Page last reviewed: May 16, 2014
- Page last updated: May 16, 2014
- Content source: