Scientific Data, Statistics, and Surveillance
Interactive Statistics and Mapping Systems
The WISQARS infographic helps you understand the injury data and modules featured in WISQARS.
WISQARSTM (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System) is the Injury Center's interactive, online database that provides customized injury-related mortality data and nonfatal injury data. This data is useful for research and for making informed public health decisions.
Additional Data and Statistics Reports
- Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury (Charts)
Downloadable charts for causes of death and nonfatal injury and available in multiple file formats. The charts can be used in slide presentations, web pages, and print documents.
- Injury Data and Resources
Resources from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics.
- HP2020 Health Indicators Warehouse, including Injuries and Violence
Injury Coding and Data Systems
- Proposed ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury Framework (Matrix)
Proposed Framework for Presenting Injury Data using ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury Codes
ICD-10-CM External Cause Matrix for Poisoning
ICD-10-CM External Cause Matrix for Causes other than Poisoning (updated 12/5/2016)
Changes to ICD-10-CM external-cause-of-injury codes implemented by year since June 2016
- Recommended Actions to Improve External-Cause-of-Injury Coding (E-Coding) in State Morbidity Data Systems
- E-Code Matrix
- Recent Estimates of the Completeness of E-coding in State-based Hospital Discharge and Emergency Department Data Systems using AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) data
- Inventory of Injury Data Systems
- ICARIS-2 Public Use Data Set Documentation MS Word PDF
- Page last reviewed: December 5, 2016
- Page last updated: December 5, 2016
- Content source:
- Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control