Cost of Injury Reports
This application produces reports showing estimated costs associated with
- fatal injuries or
- nonfatal injuries
with injuries classified either by
- intent and mechanism of injury or
- body region and nature of injury.
Cost estimates can be calculated using system-provided data (built in to the application) or using a combination of system-provided data and data that you enter.
You can specify the following characteristics for cost estimates
- national, regional, or state-level geographic coverage for fatal injuries (estimates are always at the national level for nonfatal injuries)
- sex and age of injured persons
- type of cost (lifetime medical and/or lifetime work loss and/or both combined) and cost measure (total for all persons and/or average per person)
- indexing to U.S., regional, or state prices (depending on geographic coverage specified)
- indexing to prices for different calendar years (when using your own data).
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO