CDC's Injury Center 20th Anniversary
Celebrating the Past, Protecting the Future
This year marks a significant milestone for the field of Injury and Violence Prevention, as we are celebrating the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control’s (Injury Center) 20 years of service and dedication to saving lives and protecting people from injuries and violence. We see this as a celebration not only of the accomplishments of the Injury Center, but a celebration of the work of the field of injury and violence prevention. During this anniversary year, we hope that you will join us in Celebrating the Past. Protecting the Future.
Seeing My World through a Safer Lens Video Contest
Announcing the winners of the Seeing My World through a Safer Lens Video Contest!
- Professional Category: Safety Begins with You
- Student Category: Protect Your Brain, Wear a Helmet
- General Public Category: Things Men Say to Men who Say Things to Women on the Streets
To see all of the winning videos,go to www.saferlens.challenge.gov.
We thank everyone who submitted videos for the Seeing My World through a Safer Lens Video Contest and our followers. All the videos did a great job showing what injury and violence prevention really looks like in your communities.
The APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition is the oldest and largest gathering of public health professionals in the world. APHA's meeting program addresses current and emerging health science, policy, and practice issues in an effort to prevent disease and promote health. This year’s theme is "Prevention and Wellness Across the Life Span." The meeting will be held in San Francisco.
- Page last reviewed: September 10, 2012
- Page last updated: November 21, 2013
- Content source:
- Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control