Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CEAA-027E - Congressional Project - Domestic Violence Database
Initial Fiscal Year: 2005
FOA Number: CEAA-027E
FOA Title: Congressional Project - Domestic Violence Database
The purpose of the program is to support the operation of the Protection From Abuse Database (PFAD) which includes technical assistance to more than 6,000 active users in 50 counties. In addition, the applicant will expand PFAD to include 6 additional counties and provide training to new users in those communities. PFAD began in 1997 in order to:
- Establish and maintain a computerized system for the electronic entry of every pleading and order related to protection from abuse matters in Pennsylvania.
- Enhance safety and security for victims of domestic violence through increased effectiveness of the courts and legal accountability of batterers for their criminal behavior.
- Reduce exposure of police officers to legal liability for failure to discharge their duty to protect victims and to enforce Protection From Abuse Orders.
Project Title: Pennsylvania Protection From Abuse Database (PFAD) Project
Grant Number: H28/CCH324736
Project Period: 7/1/2005 - 6/30/2006
- Page last reviewed: July 14, 2010
- Page last updated: March 14, 2014
- Content source:
- Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control