Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CE04-067 - National Resource Center on Sexual Violence Prevention
Initial Fiscal Year: 2004
FOA Number: CE04-067
FOA Title: National Resource Center on Sexual Violence Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2004 funds for a cooperative agreement to support a national resource center on sexual violence prevention. This program addresses the “Healthy People 2010” focus area of Injury and Violence Prevention.
The purposes of this program are to:
1. provide national leadership in the prevention of sexual violence;
2. provide comprehensive information and resources on sexual violence (e.g. sexual violence across the lifespan, the continuum of prevention, etc.) through a central resource library and web site; and
3. provide technical assistance and professional consultation to State sexual assault coalitions and local sexual assault programs; local, State, national and Tribal agencies and organizations (including public health agencies and organizations), and the media designed to enhance the prevention of and community response to sexual violence.
For the purposes of this program announcement the following definitions apply:
• Intervention: services, policies and actions provided after sexual violence as occurred and may have the advantageous effect of preventing a re-occurrence of violence.
• Prevention: population-based and/or environmental/system level services, policies and action that prevent sexual violence from initially occurring. Prevention efforts work to modify and/or entirely eliminate the event, conditions, situations, or exposure to influences (risk factors) that result in the initiation of sexual violence and associated injuries, disabilities, and deaths. Additionally, prevention efforts seek to identify and enhance protective factors that may prevent sexual violence not only in at-risk populations but also in the community at large.
Measurable outcomes of the program will be in alignment with the following performance goal for the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:
• Increase the capacity of injury prevention and control programs to address the prevention of injuries and violence.
Project Title: National Resource Center on Sexual Violence Prevention
Grant Number: 5 H28 CE324095-05
Project Period: 9/30/2004 - 9/29/2009
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO