Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CE02-043 - Grant for Injury Control Research Center
Initial Fiscal Year: 2002
FOA Number: CE02-043
FOA Title: Grant for Injury Control Research Center
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2002 funds for an Injury Control Research Center (ICRC) grant. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" priority areas of Injury and Violence Prevention. For the conference copy of "Healthy People 2010," visit the Internet site: http:ilwww.health.gov/healthypeople.
The purposes of this program are:
1. To support injury prevention and control research on priority issues as delineated in: Healthy People 2010; Injury Control in the 1990's: A National Plan for Action; Reducing the Burden of Injury: Advancing Prevention and Treatment; and any list of research priorities published by the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC).
2. To integrate, in the context of a national program, the disciplines of engineering, epidemiology, medicine, biostatistics, public health, law and criminal justice, and behavioral and social sciences in order to prevent and control injuries more effectively;
3. To support the identification and description of injury problems, to identify risk and protective factors that can be used to design and test injury prevention and control strategies, to evaluate current and new interventions for the prevention and control of injuries, and to support the implementation of effective prevention and control strategies in the public and private sector; and
4. To provide technical assistance to injury prevention and control programs within a geographic region.
Project Title: University of Iowa Injury Control Research Center
Grant Number: 5 R49 CE721682-05
Project Period: 9/30/2002 - 8/31/2008
- Page last reviewed: August 6, 2010
- Page last updated: March 19, 2014
- Content source:
- Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control