Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians
New! Tuberculosis (TB) Medical Consultation Service for U.S. Panel Physicians who are currently using the Culture and DOT Technical Instructions for TB Screening and Treatment is now available online.
- Introduction and Background
- Medical History and Physical Examination
- Tuberculosis Screening and Treatment
- Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Hansen’s Disease
- Physical or Mental Disorders with Associated Harmful Behaviors and Substance-related Disorders
- Other Physical or Mental Abnormality, Disease, or Disability
- Communicable Diseases of Public Health Concern
Information about the Technical Instructions for Designated Incidents is included in the Revision of 42 CFR Part 34 (Medical Examination of Aliens) Updated Screening for Communicable Diseases of Public Health Signifiance -Interim Final Rule (IFR) which was posted by HHS/CDC on October 6, 2008. Additional information regarding the IFR is available on the Laws and Regulations page.
Note: The IFR does not currently affect the required medical examination performed by civil surgeons. Civil surgeons should continue to follow the procedures as provided in the current Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons.
There are no designated incidents at this time.