ICTAP Information Guide
The Federal Government is an Equal-Opportunity Employer
CDC Offers a Smoke-Free Environment
Information For Displaced Employees Requesting Special Selection Priority Consideration Under The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program
If you are a Federal employee you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP.
To receive this priority consideration, you must:
- Be a displaced Federal employee. You must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as RIF separation notice, a letter from OPM or your agency documenting your priority consideration status with your application package.
The following categories of candidates are considered displaced employees:
A. Current of former career or career-conditional (tenure group I or II) competitive service employees who:
B. Former Military Reserve or National Guard Technicians who are receiving a special Office of Personnel Management (OPM) disability retirement annuity under section 8337(h) or 8456 of title 5 United States Code.
- Received a specific RIF separation notice; or
- Separated because of a compensable injury, whose compensation has been terminated, and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place; or
- Retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or
- Upon receipt of a RIF separation notice retired on the effective date of the RIF AND submits a Standard Form 50 that indicates "Retirement in lieu of RIF;" or
- Retired under the discontinued service retirement option; or
- Was separated because he/she declined a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area.
- Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were separated.
- Have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or equivalent. This must be submitted with your application package. (This requirement does not apply to candidates who are eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement).
- Occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting priority consideration.
- File your application by the vacancy announcement closing date and meet all application criteria (e.g., submit all required documentation, etc.)
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be well qualified for the position and receive consideration for special priority selection. ICTAP eligibles will be considered well qualified if they meet all qualification requirements for the position and are rated at or above the acceptable level for each announced knowledge, skill, and ability (KSA). The acceptable level is the 2 point level on a 4 point rating scale.