Injuries at home and at play are not accidents. They can be prevented.
CDC focuses on the science behind making people safe – working to prevent leading causes of injuries. We work to ensure that all people have safe and healthy homes and places to play.
Home and Recreational Safety Topics
10 Ways to Reduce Injury
- Wear the proper helmet for your activity
- Wear a life jacket
- Have your eyes checked
- Remove tripping hazards around your house
- Learn how to swim
- Store medicine out of reach of children
- Take medication only as directed
- Place children in the proper booster or car seat
- Wear your seatbelt
- Walk on a sidewalk, when possible