The Division of HIV /AIDS Prevention (DHAP) trainings on HIV prevention strategies, effective behavioral interventions, and other topics are available for HIV prevention providers and administrators. The Capacity Prevention Branch (CBB) within DHAP, provides a comprehensive array of training events, nationally and year round, conducted by CDC staff and/or Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) providers.
Training events cover many topics, including,
- Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Rapid Testing,
- Recruitment Strategies,
- Social Networking,
- Fundamental of HIV Prevention
- Public Health Strategies
To obtain more information about training events in your area and register, visit:
- The Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions (DEBI) project was designed to bring science-based, community-and group-level HIV prevention interventions to community-based service providers and state and local health departments.
- The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers is a CDC-funded group of regional centers created in partnership with local health departments and universities to increase the knowledge and skills of health care professionals in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
- The Behavioral Social Science Volunteer Program has been established to increase the involvement of behavioral and social scientists in local HIV prevention activities.
- The Public Health Training Network (PHTN) is a distance-learning system that uses a variety of instructional media to train public health professionals.
- The CDC on-line “Rapid HIV Testing Training Course” will offer an opportunity for HIV Prevention Providers working in non-clinical settings to gain knowledge and skills on administering rapid HIV testing. Rapid HIV Testing will allow providers greater reach into places where HIV testing has not been available.
Find an HIV testing site near you.
Search location, such as: "Atlanta, GA", or "30033".
For more information, please visit gettested.cdc.gov
Please contact GETTESTED-Webmaster@cdc.gov with any comments, suggestions, or concerns.
- HIV Basics
- Who's at Risk for HIV?
- Risk Behavior
- Racial/Ethnic Groups
- HIV Testing
- Living With HIV
- Prevention Research
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Prevention Benefits of HIV Treatment
- Replicating Effective Programs Plus (REP)
- Compendium of Evidence-Based Interventions and Best Practices for HIV Prevention
- Demonstration Projects
- Ongoing Research
- The Serostatus Approach to Fighting the HIV Epidemic
- Policies and Programs
- Affordable Care Act
- DHAP Annual Report
- DHAP Strategic Plan
- Expanded Testing Initiative
- Funding Announcements
- Funding Awards 2012
- Funding Awards 2011
- Funding Awards 2010
- Funding Awards 2009
- Questions and Answers
- Letter of Intent
- Workshops and Web Conferences
- Eligibility Criteria and Maps of MSAs and MDs
- After You Apply
- New Awards for 12-1201
- FY 2012 Funding for Category C
- Grantee Orientation Materials
- Comprehensive Program Plan
- HIV Planning Guidance
- Capacity Building Assistance for Health Departments
- Related Links
- High Impact Prevention
- HIV-Related Laws
- Progress Reports
- Program Planning
- Guidelines and Recommendations
- Training and Conferences
- Statistics Center
- Statistics Overview
- Surveillance Overview
- Surveillance Systems
- Surveillance Reports and Slide Sets
- Recommendations and Guidelines
- Other Resources
- Resource Library