Scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were active partners in all phases in the AIDS Community Demonstration Projects. Project officers for the CDC were Kevin R. O'Reilly, Ph.D. (1989-1992), Donna L. Higgins, Ph.D. (1992-1994), and Wayne D. Johnson, M.S.P.H. (1994-1995). Other CDC staff who made critical contributions to the study include:
- Carolyn Beeker, Ph.D.
- Christine Galavotti, Ph.D.
- Carolyn Guenther-Grey, M.A.
- Linda Kay, M.P.H.
- Daniel Schnell, Ph.D.
A number of external consultants also made major contributions to the development, design, and evaluation of the AIDS Community Demonstration Projects. These experts were:
- John Sheridan (Conwal, Inc., McLean, VA)
- Cathleen Crain, M.A., and Nathaniel Tashima, Ph.D. (LTG Associates, Tacoma Park, MD)
- Martin Fishbein, Ph.D. (University of Illinois)
- James Prochaska, Ph.D. (University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI)
- Alfred McAlister, Ph.D., and LeaVonne Pulley, Ph.D. (University of Texas, School of Public Health, Houston, TX)