Other CDC funding opportunity announcements can be found on the CDC Web site, www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm.
For additional information and resources related to this funding opportunity
announcement, go to the Funding Opportunity
Announcement (FOA) PS09-906 website.
Applicants may access the application process and other awarding documents using the Electronic Research Administration System (eRA Commons). A one-time registration is required for interested institutions/organizations. Program Directors/Principal Investigators (PD/PIs) should work with their institutions/organizations to make sure they are registered in the eRA Commons.
Organizational/Institutional Registration in the eRA Commons
- Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) Registration in the eRA Commons: Refer to the
NIH eRA Commons System (COM) Users Guide.
- The individual designated as the PD/PI on the application must also be registered in the eRA Commons. It is not necessary for PDs/PIs to register with Grants.gov.
- The PD/PI must hold a PD/PI account in the eRA Commons and must be affiliated with the applicant organization. This account cannot have any other role attached to it other than the PD/PI.
- This registration/affiliation must be done by the Authorized Organization Representative/Signing Official (AOR/SO) or their designee who is already registered in the eRA Commons.
- Both the PD/PI and AOR/SO need separate accounts in the eRA Commons since both hold different roles for authorization and to view the application process.
Note that if a PD/PI is also an HHS peer-reviewer with an Individual DUNS and CCR registration, that particular DUNS number and CCR registration are for the individual reviewer only. These are different than any DUNS number and CCR registration used by an applicant organization. Individual DUNS and CCR registration should be used only for the purposes of personal reimbursement and should not be used on any grant applications submitted to the Federal Government.
Several of the steps of the registration process could take four weeks or more. Therefore, applicants should check with their business official to determine whether their organization/institution is already registered in the eRA
Commons. HHS/CDC strongly encourages applicants to register to utilize these helpful on-line tools when applying for funding opportunities.