Bibliography for HIV Among Hispanics/Latinos Fact Sheet
Along with the materials on the Resources page, the following articles, reports, and websites were used as source material for much of the information about HIV and Latinos found on this website.
- CDC. Estimated HIV incidence in the United States, 2007-2010. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2012;17(No. 4).
- US Census Bureau. State and County QuickFacts.
- CDC. Estimated lifetime risk for diagnosis of HIV infection among Hispanics/Latinos—37 states and Puerto Rico, 2007. MMWR 2010;59(40):1297-1301.
- CDC. Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2011. HIV Surveillance Report 2013;23.
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data—United States and 6 U.S. dependent areas—2010. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2012;17(3).
- CDC. WISQARS leading causes of death reports, national and regional, 1999-2010. Accessed August 26, 2013.
- Gindi RM, Erbelding EJ, Page KR. Sexually transmitted infection prevalence and behavioral risk factors among Latino and non-Latino patients attending the Baltimore City STD clinics. Sex Transm Dis 2010;37(3):191-6.
- Reisen CA, Zea MC, Bianchi FT, Poppen PJ, Shedlin MG, Penha MM. Latino gay and bisexual men’s relationships with non-gay-identified men who have sex with men. J Homosex 2010;57(8):1004-21.
- CDC. Geographic differences in HIV infection among Hispanics or Latinos—46 states and Puerto Rico, 2010. MMWR 2012;61(40):805-10.
- National Council of La Raza. ¿A Dónde Vamos? New directions for culturally relevant Latino community involvement in HIV/AIDS prevention and services research. 2011.
- CDC. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2011. December 2012. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Loue S. Preventing HIV, eliminating disparities among Hispanics in the United States. J Immigr Minor Health 2006;8(4):313-8.
- Albarracin J, Plambeck CR. Demographic factors and sexist beliefs as predictors of condom use among Latinos in the USA. AIDS Care 2010;22(8):1021-8.
- Shedlin MG, Decena CU, Oliver-Velez D. Initial acculturation and HIV risk among new Hispanic immigrants. J Natl Med Assoc 2005;97(7 Suppl):32S-37S.
- Duran D, Usman HR, Beltrami J, Alvarez ME, Valleroy L, Lyles CM. HIV counseling and testing among Hispanics at CDC-funded sites in the United States, 2007. Am J Public Health 2010;100(Suppl 1):S152-8.
- del Rio C. Latinos and HIV care in the Southeastern United States: new challenges complicating longstanding problems. Clin Infect Dis 2011;53(5):488-9.