Thomas Dortch Video Transcript
This is a 45 second video of Thomas Dortch, business leader, Chairman Emeritus of 100 Black Men of America, and Founder of the National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame, who works to increase HIV/AIDS prevention, education, and health equity within African American communities speaking about this work.
Opening title text: Thomas Dortch
Scene: Thomas Dortch is filmed up close in front of an all black background.
Thomas Dortch transcript: My commitment is that every day that I get up, I’m going to do something in incorporating every message and to make sure that I’m pushing and working as hard as I can to make sure that we’re fighting this battle against AIDS. What I say to my friends, to my leaders, to those of you who get up every day to make a difference in this great place we call America - I call on you - do your part, give a little bit more, do a little bit more, stay focused because understand that the investments that we make today for future generations will reap great benefits for them to continue this great battle and struggle to make sure that life is there for everybody to enjoy.
Closing title text: Thomas Dortch, National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame Foundation
End of video.
Find an HIV testing site near you.
Search location, such as: "Atlanta, GA", or "30033".
For more information, please visit gettested.cdc.gov
Please contact GETTESTED-Webmaster@cdc.gov with any comments, suggestions, or concerns.
- HIV Basics
- Who's at Risk for HIV?
- Risk Behavior
- Racial/Ethnic Groups
- HIV Testing
- Living With HIV
- Prevention Research
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Prevention Benefits of HIV Treatment
- Replicating Effective Programs Plus (REP)
- Compendium of Evidence-Based Interventions and Best Practices for HIV Prevention
- Demonstration Projects
- Ongoing Research
- The Serostatus Approach to Fighting the HIV Epidemic
- Policies and Programs
- Affordable Care Act
- DHAP Annual Report
- DHAP Strategic Plan
- Expanded Testing Initiative
- Funding Announcements
- Funding Awards 2012
- Funding Awards 2011
- Funding Awards 2010
- Funding Awards 2009
- Questions and Answers
- Letter of Intent
- Workshops and Web Conferences
- Eligibility Criteria and Maps of MSAs and MDs
- After You Apply
- New Awards for 12-1201
- FY 2012 Funding for Category C
- Grantee Orientation Materials
- Comprehensive Program Plan
- HIV Planning Guidance
- Capacity Building Assistance for Health Departments
- Related Links
- High Impact Prevention
- HIV-Related Laws
- Progress Reports
- Program Planning
- Guidelines and Recommendations
- Training and Conferences
- Statistics Center
- Statistics Overview
- Surveillance Overview
- Surveillance Systems
- Surveillance Reports and Slide Sets
- Recommendations and Guidelines
- Other Resources
- Resource Library