Enhanced Comprehensive HIV Prevention Planning and Implementation for Metropolitan Statistical Areas Most Affected by HIV/AIDS
Chicago Department of Public Health
Dr. Bechara Choucair is Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Public Health. Appointed by Mayor Richard M. Daley on November 25, 2009, Dr. Choucair is re-shaping the department to meet the public health challenges of the 21st century. The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) works to make the city a healthy place for everyone. The mission of the Chicago Department of Public Health is to make Chicago a safer and healthier place by working with community partners to promote health, prevent disease, reduce environmental hazards and ensure access to health care for all Chicagoans.
CDPH's activity is consistent with the "Ten Essential Public Health Services" recognized by federal health authorities as a fundamental framework of public health activities that should be undertaken in all communities.
Below you will find a link to this jurisdiction's Approved Phase 1 ECHPP plan. These plans are living documents that will be updated by the jurisdiction as new data or information become available. Templates for these workbooks which were developed for this project can be found on the ECHPP Tools Page.
Find an HIV testing site near you.
Search location, such as: "Atlanta, GA", or "30033".
For more information, please visit gettested.cdc.gov
Please contact GETTESTED-Webmaster@cdc.gov with any comments, suggestions, or concerns.
- HIV Basics
- Who's at Risk for HIV?
- Risk Behavior
- Racial/Ethnic Groups
- HIV Testing
- Prevention Research
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Prevention Benefits of HIV Treatment
- Replicating Effective Programs Plus (REP)
- Compendium of Evidence-Based Interventions and Best Practices for HIV Prevention
- Demonstration Projects
- Ongoing Research
- The Serostatus Approach to Fighting the HIV Epidemic
- Policies and Programs
- Affordable Care Act
- DHAP Annual Report
- DHAP Strategic Plan
- Expanded Testing Initiative
- Funding Announcements
- Funding Awards 2012
- Funding Awards 2011
- Funding Awards 2010
- Funding Awards 2009
- Questions and Answers
- Letter of Intent
- Workshops and Web Conferences
- Eligibility Criteria and Maps of MSAs and MDs
- After You Apply
- New Awards for 12-1201
- FY 2012 Funding for Category C
- Grantee Orientation Materials
- Comprehensive Program Plan
- HIV Planning Guidance
- Capacity Building Assistance for Health Departments
- Related Links
- High Impact Prevention
- HIV-Related Laws
- Progress Reports
- Program Planning
- Guidelines and Recommendations
- Training and Conferences
- Statistics Center
- Statistics Overview
- Surveillance Overview
- Surveillance Systems
- Surveillance Reports and Slide Sets
- Recommendations and Guidelines
- Other Resources
- Resource Library