Non-governmental organizations can apply for no more than two of the following funding categories:
- Category A: CBA for Community-based Organizations (CBOs) – Strengthening organizational infrastructure, interventions, strategies, monitoring and evaluation for HIV prevention
- Category B: CBA for Communities – Strengthening community access to and utilization of HIV prevention services
- Category C: CBA for Health Departments – Strengthening organizational infrastructure, interventions, strategies, community planning, monitoring and evaluation for HIV prevention
- Category D: Resource Center for CBA Providers – Strengthening the quality and delivery of CBA services for HIV prevention
- Category E: Resource Center for CBA Consumers – Strengthening consumer access to and utilization of CBA services for HIV prevention
Applicants for this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) are limited to nonprofit organizations; for-profit organizations; hospitals; universities; colleges; CBOs; FBOs; and federally recognized American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian tribally designated organizations.
To meet all eligibility requirements, applicants must also:
- Submit a complete and responsive application via www.Grants.gov
- Submit a letter assuring that CBA services will be delivered to organizations serving high-risk/ and/or racial/ethnic minority populations
- Submit documentation of a specific charge from its articles of incorporation, bylaws, or a resolution from its executive board or governing body to operate nationally (all states and territories) or regionally (multi-state/territory if applying for Category B)
- Submit a valid Internal Revenue Service (IRS) determination letter demonstrating 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status, if a nonprofit organization
- Submit five (5) letters of support demonstrating credibility and expertise with target consumers, as detailed in the FOA
- Submit a list of organizations and supporting memoranda of agreement (MOAs) to demonstrate proposed collaboration to avoid service duplication and ensure that service gaps are addressed
- Submit a list of culturally competent and linguistically and developmentally appropriate training and technical assistance materials that have been developed and utilized by the applicant in the delivery of capacity building services.
- Submit a completed Prioritized Population Data Sheet, if applying for Category B.