Letter of Intent (LOI)
CDC urges you to complete an LOI for Category C only before you send in your application. The purpose of this letter is to inform CDC that your health department is interested in applying for funding under PS12-1201 Category C: Demonstration Projects. Although a letter of intent is not required, it is highly recommended because this information will assist CDC in planning for the review process.
Applicants are permitted to submit one proposal or multiple proposals for one or more focus areas. Therefore, you only need to submit one Letter of Intent (LOI).
The LOI should be submitted on letter head and include the following information:
- Number and title of this funding opportunity
- Descriptive title of proposed project
- Focus area(s) that the project will address
- Name, address and telephone number of the Principal Investigator/Project Director
- Participating institutions
- Maximum number of pages: 1
- Font size: 12-point unreduced, Times New Roman
- Single spaced
- Paper size: 8.5 by 11 inches
- Page margin size: one inch
- Printed only on one side of page
- Written in plain language, avoiding jargon
Submit your Letter of Intent to HDFOA@cdc.gov.
Erica Dunbar – CDC-RFA- PS12-1201
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
Prevention Program Branch
LOI Deadline Date: July 14, 2011
Note: An email acknowledging receipt of your LOI submission will be forwarded to the potential applicant.