Background and Overview
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year 2008 funds for a cooperative agreement program for community based organizations (CBOs) to develop and implement HIV prevention programs in the following two categories:
- Category A: The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Category B: The United States Virgin Islands
Applicants will be asked to implement evidenced based behavioral interventions that support the HIV prevention priorities outlined in the comprehensive HIV prevention plans of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Category A) and the U.S. Virgin Islands (Category B); and promote collaboration and coordination of HIV prevention efforts among CBOs, health departments, and private agencies to increase the number of high risk persons who are both tested for HIV infection and informed of their results.
Applicants will be asked to adapt CDC program models, including Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions (DEBIs), Public Health Strategies (PHS), and activities supporting CDC's Advancing HIV Prevention Initiative.
This program announcement (PA) is limited to nonprofit organizations (e.g., nonprofit, CBOs, faith-based organizations experienced in working with the target populations. In addition, the organization must be located and provide services in the area for which they apply the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Based on anticipated funds available, CDC expects to award up to 8 cooperative agreements under Categories A and B. The average award will be approximately $250,000, with a minimum of $200,000 and a maximum of $300,000 (See Section II. Award Information). The funding period for Categories A and B is up to 5 years and is based on availability of funds.
Find an HIV testing site near you.
Search location, such as: "Atlanta, GA", or "30033".
For more information, please visit gettested.cdc.gov
Please contact GETTESTED-Webmaster@cdc.gov with any comments, suggestions, or concerns.
- HIV Basics
- Who's at Risk for HIV?
- Risk Behavior
- Racial/Ethnic Groups
- HIV Testing
- Prevention Research
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Prevention Benefits of HIV Treatment
- Replicating Effective Programs Plus (REP)
- Compendium of Evidence-Based Interventions and Best Practices for HIV Prevention
- Demonstration Projects
- Ongoing Research
- The Serostatus Approach to Fighting the HIV Epidemic
- Policies and Programs
- Affordable Care Act
- DHAP Annual Report
- DHAP Strategic Plan
- Expanded Testing Initiative
- Funding Announcements
- Funding Awards 2012
- Funding Awards 2011
- Funding Awards 2010
- Funding Awards 2009
- Questions and Answers
- Letter of Intent
- Workshops and Web Conferences
- Eligibility Criteria and Maps of MSAs and MDs
- After You Apply
- New Awards for 12-1201
- FY 2012 Funding for Category C
- Grantee Orientation Materials
- Comprehensive Program Plan
- HIV Planning Guidance
- Capacity Building Assistance for Health Departments
- Related Links
- High Impact Prevention
- HIV-Related Laws
- Progress Reports
- Program Planning
- Guidelines and Recommendations
- Training and Conferences
- Statistics Center
- Statistics Overview
- Surveillance Overview
- Surveillance Systems
- Surveillance Reports and Slide Sets
- Recommendations and Guidelines
- Other Resources
- Resource Library