After You Have Applied
First, your application will be reviewed for completeness by the PGO staff and for responsiveness jointly by NCHHSTP and PGO. Incomplete applications and applications that are non-responsive to the eligibility criteria will not advance through the review process. You will be notified the application did not meet submission requirements.
Next, your application will advance through the review process in two steps.
- Step one: Your application will be evaluated by an independent review panel assigned by the CDC. It will be evaluated based on each item referenced in Section "I.V. Application and Submission Information." The panel will assign your application a score using scored evaluation criteria as specified in Section "V. Application Review Information." The score will be based on your responses to the questions in Section "IV. Application and Submission Information", starting with "B. Justification of Need." The highest-ranked applications will be considered for a pre-decisional site visit.
- Step Two: The second step of the review process is conducted via pre-decisional site visits (PDSVs). These visits are worth 400 points. To be considered for funding, the applicant must score at least 280 points during this process. If the applicant fails to reach 280 points, they will be disqualified. CDC will invite local health department staff (and state health department staff where applicable) to participate in the site visit. (Note: If both the local and state health department provides a review, their scores will be combined and averaged.)
Step One Criteria - Your application will be evaluated on the following criteria (Possible 1000 points):
- Eligibility (Not Scored)
- Justification of Need (200)
- Prevention Program (250)
- Counseling, Testing, and Referral Services (200)
- Referral Activities (125)
- Collaborate and Coordinate with HIV Community Planning Process and Local Health Departments (125)
- Evaluation and Monitoring Program Model Activities (100)
- Capacity Building (Reviewed, but Not Scored)
Step Two Criteria (Pre-Decisional Site Visit) - The following programmatic areas will be evaluated during the PDSV (Possible 400 points):
- Proposed Program (100 Points)
- Programmatic Infrastructure (100 points)
- Organizational Infrastructure (100 points)
- Health Department Review (100 points)
In conjunction with the Pre-Decisional Site Visit, CDC's PGO will conduct a Recipient Capability Assessment (RCA). The purpose is to evaluate your Organization's ability to manage CDC funds. Either PGO staff or another selected agency will conduct this assessment.
Anticipated Notice of Award Date: July 1, 2008
Successful applicants will receive a Notice of Award (NoA) from the CDC Procurement and Grants Office. The NoA shall be the only binding, authorizing document between you and CDC. The NoA will be signed by an authorized grants management officer and mailed to the fiscal officer identified in the application.
Unsuccessful applicants will receive notification of the results of the application review by mail.
Pre Decisional Site Visits (PDSV) The PDSVs will take place in February/March 2008: Actual dates TBA All applicants are expected to make their calendars available for this review, in the event that they are deemed eligible to receive a PDSV.