Viral Hepatitis Education and Training Projects
In 2013, the Division of Viral Hepatitis awarded two organizations cooperative agreements for Partnership, Networking, and Capacity Building.
Hep B United
Hep B United is a national coalition to address the severity of hepatitis B through increasing hepatitis B awareness, testing, vaccination and linkage to care in high risk groups across the U.S. Through the CDC cooperative agreement, The Hepatitis B Foundation will be providing capacity building, training, and technical assistance to over 17 Hep B United coalition partners around the U.S. Activities will include webinars, journal clubs, mini grants, peer to peer mentoring and in-person annual summits. The project will also focus on enhancing dissemination and usage of the multi-lingual Know Hepatitis B campaign. We will be leveraging the successes and best practices of our partners to help improve hepatitis B screening in the highest-risk and most underserved Asian and Pacific Islander communities in the U.S.
National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
The National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) has entered a 3 year Cooperative Agreement with the CDC to increase testing for hepatitis C among individuals born between 1945 and 1965 (Baby Boomers). NVHR will develop partnerships with community based organizations and provider networks to support the development of centers of excellence in which to pilot new methods and identify and/or develop best practices for increasing hepatitis C testing. NVHR will also offer technical assistance in the form of webinars and online resources and to the organization’s network. A further component of the project will be the dissemination of the CDC’s “Know More Hepatitis” campaign and development of national and local speakers bureaus.
In 2008, the following organizations received competitive cooperative agreements from Division of Viral Hepatitis for Networking, Education, and Training.
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
- Asian Health Coalition
- University of California, San Francisco - UFO Presents!
- The University of Alabama - National Hepatitis Training Institute
- The University of Washington
- American Social Health Association (ASHA)
- Asian Liver Center at Stanford University (ALC)
- Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD)
- Health Research, Inc./New York State Department of Health (HRI)
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)
- Maricopa County Department of Public Health
- Migrant Clinicians Network, Inc. (MCN)
- National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- Organization to Achieve Solutions in Substance Abuse (OASIS)
STD/HIV Prevention Training Center