Protective Factors Journal Articles
Youth Violence and Connectedness in Adolescence: What Are the Implications for Later Sexually Transmitted Infections? Abstract
Steiner RJ, Michael SL, Hall JE, Barrios LC, Robin L
J Adolescent Health 2014; 54(3):312-318.
Paternal Influences on Adolescent Sexual Risk Behaviors: A Structured Literature Review Abstract
Guilamo-Ramos V, Bouris A, Lee J, McCarthy K, Michael S, Pitt-Barnes S, and Dittus P
Pediatrics 2012; DOI: 10.1542/peds.2011-2066
Positive Youth Development Promoting Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health: A Review of Observational and Intervention Research
Journal of Adolescent Health 2010;46(3 Supplement):S1–S96.
This journal supplement contains six articles that synthesize research related to positive youth development and adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Positive Youth Development as a Strategy to Promote Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Abstract
- Competence as a Predictor of Sexual and Reproductive Health Outcomes for Youth: A Systematic Review Abstract
- Connectedness as a Predictor of Sexual and Reproductive Health Outcomes for Youth Abstract
- Confidence as a Predictor of Sexual and Reproductive Health Outcomes for Youth Abstract
- Character as a Predictor of Reproductive Health Outcomes for Youth: A Systematic Review Abstract
- A Review of Positive Youth Development Programs That Promote Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Abstract
A Systematic Review of Parental Influences on the Health and Well-Being of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Youth: Time for a New Public Health Research and Practice Agenda Abstract
Bouris A, Guilamo-Ramos V, Pickard A, Shiu C, Loosier PS, Dittus P, Gloppen K, Waldmiller JM
Journal of Primary Prevention 2010;31:273–309