Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS)
SIECUS serves as a national voice for promoting sexuality education, protecting sexual rights, and expanding access to sexual health.
SIECUS's Program in Action
SIECUS is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Preventing HIV Infections: State and Local Education Agencies.
- Training at least five local education agencies annually in its School Health Project to implement evidence-based HIV prevention education and to address health disparities in HIV prevention education efforts.
- Providing capacity-building assistance to the HIV prevention education training cadres of state and local education agencies. Training includes, but is not limited to, youth culture, cultural competence, and evidence-based HIV prevention education programs.
- Providing on-going technical assistance to state and local education agency staff responsible for evidence-based HIV prevention education.
- Conducting regular conference calls to address specific topics identified by state and local HIV coordinators.
Other NGOs funded under this category:
- National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE)
- Society of State Directors of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (the Society)
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO