American Cancer Society (ACS)
ACS is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
ACS's Program in Action
ACS is supported by DASH in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and other Centers at CDC. With DASH funding, ACS is
- Developing a national marketing plan for the National Health Education Standards, including conducting a two-day Train the Trainer event designed to enhance the utilization and implementation of the National Health Education Standards throughout the country.
- Disseminating the evaluation results of the National Urban School Health Leadership Institute (NUSHLI) and participating school districts' “best practices.”
- Conducting a two-day National Health Education Summit that will result in the development of a National Action Plan for Health Education.
- Supporting the replication of the National School Health Leadership Institutes at the state and regional level by providing technical assistance and resource materials upon request.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO