Risk Management / Safety Technical Committee - Model Aquatic Health Code
- Chairperson: Amy Duck, Walt Disney World Company
- Vice Chairperson: Kelly Bernish, Sea World of Florida, Inc.
- Steering Committee Liaison: Amanda Long, New York Dept. of Health
- Maria Bella, Professional Pool Solutions, LLC.
- James Cunningham, Interstate Hotels and Resorts
- Carvin DiGiovanni, Association of Pool and Spa Professionals
- Claudia Duncan, Barton College
- Lee Engvall, The Pool & Spa House
- Chevelle Glymph, District of Columbia Department of Health
- Jason Hammond, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park
- Janina Jarvis, Disneyland Resort, Environmental Affairs
- Karin Mack, CDC Injury Control
- Ellen Meyer, Arch Chemicals
- Mick Nelson, USA Swimming
- Barry Rice, Ohio Department of Health
- Kay Smiley, YMCA
Scope of Work
The Risk Management / Safety Technical Committee will collaborate with all other applicable technical committees to ensure that safety-related aspects are addressed appropriately. Topics covered by this committee focus on chemical handling and storage requirements, including: operator training for chemical handling; chemical security; emergency protocol procedures; response plans for leaks, spills, or other accidental chemical releases; chemical disposal; availability of MSDS; record keeping requirements; and reporting under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act. The committee will also address other safety aspects including, user guidelines/signage (for example, diving boards, starting blocks, slides), emergency response and communications plans, severe weather closing, safety inspections, water depth, supervision requirements, pool water temperature, and other safety criteria.
For questions or comments about the Model Aquatic Health Code, please email MAHC@cdc.gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at MAHC@cdc.gov