Recirculation Systems and Filtration Technical Committee - Model Aquatic Health Code
- Chairperson: James Amburgey, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Vice Chairperson: Roy Fielding, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Steering Committee Liaison: Chuck Neuman, Water Technology Inc.
- Michael Beatty, Disney’s Caribbean Beach and Pop Century Resorts
- Susan Campbell, Oklahoma City/County Health Department
- Joe Carpenter, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Barry Gertz, Neptune Benson
- Garth Miner, Utah Department of Public Health
- David Schwartz, Water’s Edge Aquatic Design
- Kimberly Walsh, EP Minerals
- Mohamed Yasin, Florida Department of Health
Scope of Work
The Recirculation & Filtration Technical Committee will examine filter types and performance criteria, recirculation methodologies, equipment designs, and operating systems, including: inlets, overflow systems/gutters, skimmers, bottom drains/main drain systems, piping, pumps and strainers, flow control, flow rates/turnover, disinfection, water levels, stabilizers, feed equipment, water quality, sampling techniques and locations, and other filtration and recirculation aspects that may affect water quality.
For questions or comments about the Model Aquatic Health Code, please email MAHC@cdc.gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at MAHC@cdc.gov