Hygiene Facilities Technical Committee - Model Aquatic Health Code
- Chairperson: Ralph Cordell, CDC
- Steering Committee Liaison: Tracynda Davis, Davis Strategic Consulting, LLC
- Lynita Docken, Wisconsin Department of Commerce (Retired)
- Bruce Flippens, DC Government Department of Health
- Perry Fox, Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Brian Hodges, LMC Hospitality/Kinseth Hospitality
- Dean Hyatt, Six Flags Great Escape
- Robert Jelinek, Badger Swimpools, Inc.
- Jodi Jensen, Hampton University
- Ted Kelly, Architectural Foundations and Pools
Scope of Work
The Hygiene Facilities Technical Committee examines requirements established to provide and maintain hygienic safeguards at aquatic facilities, including: provision of showers and changing areas, toilet facilities, diaper changing areas, hand washing areas (with respect to location/distance/access and size/number), trash collection and disposal, and signage. The committee will also review the cleaning and disinfection of these and other areas (such as bathhouse floors and walls).
For questions or comments about the Model Aquatic Health Code, please email MAHC@cdc.gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at MAHC@cdc.gov