Facility Design and Construction Technical Committee - Model Aquatic Health Code
- Chairperson: Carl Nylander, Counsilman-Hunsaker
- Vice Chairperson: Rob Morgan, Sunbelt Pools
- Steering Committee Liaison: Colleen Maitoza, Sacramento County Environmental Mgmt Dept.
- Steve Andrews, Nemato Corp
- Chris Baugh, Swimming Pool Technical Services
- Scott Bowron, City of London, Ontario
- Benny Burleson, Burleson Pools
- Keith Cooper, McClure Engineering
- Bob Foster, Florida Department of Health
- Michael Grimes, Main Line Commercial Pools, Inc.
- James Hogan, Dectron, Inc.
- Robert Jelinek, Badger Swimpools, Inc.
- Peter Jen, Ohio Department of Health
- Randy Mendioroz, Aquatic Design Group
- Alvaro Mendoza, Commercial Energy Specialists
- Paul Sisson, Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
- Stephen Springs, Brinkley Sargent Architects
Scope of Work
The Facility Design & Construction Technical Committee examines the physical design and construction requirements of the pool and associated structural facilities, such as filter rooms and chemical storage areas. Committee responsibilities include: the design/construction aspects of the pool shell (shape, design, slope), decks, lighting, electrical, fencing, pool entry/egress, safety markings, diving boards, starting blocks, slides, food/drink facilities, drinking fountains, water supply, piping, drainage (including recirculation systems and appurtenances), sewerage systems, cross connections, and ambient temperature control.
For questions or comments about the Model Aquatic Health Code, please email MAHC@cdc.gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at MAHC@cdc.gov