Contamination Burden Technical Committee - Model Aquatic Health Code
- Chairperson: Ellen Meyer, Arch Chemicals
- Vice Chairperson: Steve Spence, County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health, California
- Steering Committee Liaison: Lee Tate, CDC
- Anthony Carotenuto, Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center
- Richard Carroll, Jeff Ellis & Associates, Inc.
- Jose Gonzalez, Orange County Department of Health, Florida
- Jeffrey Kosik, Walt Disney World Company
- John Paccione, New York State Department of Health
- Llew Withers, Department of Health, Western Australia
Scope of Work
The Contamination Burden Technical Committee scope of work will be quite different from the other committees, since no specific section of the code will be drafted by this technical committee. The Contamination Burden Technical Committee will provide data to assist other technical committees in specifying performance requirements related to contamination burden (i.e. bather load). The committee will summarize existing information on the two primary composite contaminant types: particulates and chlorine demand. The other committees can then provide the models to calculate the capacity of the filtration, circulation, and chemical feed systems needed to protect public health. It is expected that limited data will prevent the other committees from making concrete, data-based decisions on removal rate requirements, but those areas may become topics for future research. The Contamination Burden Technical Committee will summarize existing data and point out areas where data are lacking.
For questions or comments about the Model Aquatic Health Code, please email MAHC@cdc.gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at MAHC@cdc.gov