Forms for Reporting Waterborne Disease and Outbreaks Occurring From 2009 to Present
LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT: NORS-Water officially launched on May 4, 2009. NORS users can contact their Reporting Site Administrators for information about the launch and the schedule for question and answer sessions being led by CDC.
The forms on this page are intended for use by waterborne disease outbreak coordinators at state and local health departments who complete waterborne disease and outbreak reports for submission to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These forms are available in PDF format for completion by those health jurisdictions that do not have access to NORS and must therefore send a written report to their state NORS administrators. For guidance regarding the reporting process within a particular reporting site, users should contact their designated reporting site or agency administrators. Questions or feedback for CDC regarding NORS or the CDC 52.12 form may be directed to NORSadmin@cdc.gov.
State and local health departments have been reporting foodborne, enteric person-to-person and animal contact-associated outbreaks in NORS since February, 2009. The CDC 52.13 form for reporting foodborne, enteric person-to-person and animal contact-associated disease outbreaks and the Rules of Behavior form for NORS users can be accessed through CDC OutbreakNet – National Outbreak Reporting System (NORS).
NORS-Water Reporting Forms for Outbreaks Occurring From 2009 to Present
- Guidance Document for NORS-Water [PDF - 90 pages]
- Complete NORS-Water Form (read only) (CDC 52.12 Form Revised 03/2008) [PDF - 14 pages]
- Complete NORS-Water Form (fillable form) (CDC 52.12 Form Revised 03/2008) [PDF - 14 pages]
- Recreational Water - Treated (fillable form) [PDF - 6 pages]
- Recreational Water - Untreated (fillable form) [PDF - 6 pages]
- Water Intended for Drinking (Drinking Water) (fillable form) [PDF - 8 pages]
- Water Not Intended for Drinking or Water of Unknown Intent (fillable form) [PDF - 6 pages]
Archived Reporting Forms
Archived and historical versions of waterborne and other disease outbreak forms may be found on the Forms Archive page.