Community Wastewater Treatment Systems
For information about the basics of municipal wastewater treatment plants and disinfection processes, see the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Primer for Municipal Wastewater Treatment Systems [PDF - 30 pages].
Other documents to help public wastewater utility facilities with planning, training, and responding to emergency incidents include:
- Emergency Preparedness and Response for Water and Wastewater Utilities (EPA)
- Emergency/Incident Planning, Response, and Recovery (EPA)
- Wastewater and Onsite Systems (National Environmental Services Center)
- Emergency Response Plan Guidance for Wastewater Systems (Water Environment Research Foundation)
- Basic Wastewater Characteristics [PDF - 8 pages] (National Environmental Services Center)