During an Event: Tools & Templates
Instructions for Extracting ZIP Files
Windows users (Internet Explorer):
- Click once on the ZIP file. You will be prompted to save the file or open it. Click "Save."
- Specify the location where you wish to save the ZIP file and click "Save."
- Navigate to the file and double-click it. The Windows ZIP extraction window should appear along with a list of folders. Go to the top menu bar on this window and click "Extract all files" (in Windows 7) or "File" -> "Extract All" (in Windows XP).
- Follow the instructions to select a location for the unzipped files and extract.
Mac users (Safari):
- Double-click the file to save it to your downloads folder.
- Navigate to your downloads folder (it may already be visible) and double-click the ZIP file.
- A list of Word documents will appear. You can open them individually by double-clicking them, or you can extract them all at once using the "Extract" button on the gray bar at the top of the window.
Previous Page: Ending an Advisory Next Page: Section 3: After an Event - Evaluating an Advisory
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at healthywater@