Health and Safety Tips:
- Prevent fires by keeping flammable objects away from the stove.
- Keep cleaning products out of reach of children.
- Keep medications out of reach of children.
- Properly store and prepare foods.
- Wash your hands.
- Know if your drinking water comes from a private well. If so, test it for contaminants.
- Place smoke alarms in the kitchen and cook with care.
- Run water until it is cold for drinking.
- Page last reviewed: March 3, 2014
- Page last updated: May 19, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention