Health and Safety Tips:
- Seal gaps around roofing, attic spaces, windows, and doors to prevent rodents and insects from entering the house.
- Clean up clutter to prevent rodents and insects from finding places to nest.
- Find out whether your insulation could contain asbestos. If so, it is safest to leave the material alone. Consult an experienced contractor if it must be removed or disturbed.
- Ensure proper ventilation in the attic to prevent excessive moisture that can promote mold growth.
- Page last reviewed: March 21, 2011
- Page last updated: March 21, 2011
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention