Public Health and Housing Professionals
This section provides information for environmental public health practitioners, public health nurses, housing specialists, and others who plan or perform healthy homes work. Because the healthy homes approach takes a more holistic view of health and safety conditions in homes, healthy homes workers will need the knowledge and skills to address multiple ways to improve the home environment.
- CDC’s Environmental Public Health Tracking Network is a system of integrated health, exposure, and hazard information and data from a variety of national, state, and city sources.
- The National Healthy Homes Clearinghouse contains publications from federal agencies, peer-reviewed journals, and other resources.
- The Enterprise Community Partners site includes links to hands-on, how-to documents such as Healthy Housing, Healthy Families: Toward a National Agenda for Affordable Healthy Homes.
- This World Health Organization (WHO) site provides information on studies and research projects by the on housing and health issues.
- Harvard University's Joint Center for Housing Studies provides US housing information, such as relationships between housing markets and economic, demographic, and social trends.