Organization Assessment Tools
Your organization can't address its health literacy issues if it doesn't know its current situation. It's easy to make assumptions, but you need data. Do an honest assessment to identify opportunities and barriers to make progress on health literacy.
As you conduct your assessment, engage multiple stakeholders, and choose from these tools to help you get started.
- Pharmacy Health Literacy Assessment Tool (2007)
- AHRQ Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit
- Harvard Environmental Assessments
- CAHPS Item Set for Addressing Health Literacy (2012)
- Health Plan Organizational Assessment of Health Literacy Activities [117 KB, 26 pages]
- Building Health Literate Organizations: A Guidebook to Achieving Organizational Change
- Page last reviewed: October 6, 2015
- Page last updated: October 6, 2015
- Content source: