CDCynergy is a multimedia CD-ROM used for planning, managing, and evaluating public health communication programs. This innovative tool is used to guide and assist users in designing health communication interventions within a public health framework. Originally created for use within the CDC, the idea of an institution-wide planning model found its way outside of the agency. CDCynergy has been adapted for use by public health professionals on a national, state, and/or local level.
CDCynergy does not assume that communication is the solution to a public health problem! Rather, it guides you through a process in which you:
- Use research to help describe and determine the causes of the health problem that you plan to address with an intervention, and to detail the audience segments affected by the problem
- Explore a wide range of possible strategies for the problem
- Systematically select the strategies that may show the most promise to help the audiences
- Understand the role communication can play in planning, implementing and evaluating selected strategies
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan that includes audience research, pre-testing, production, launch and evaluation at every stage
The original Basic edition of CDCynergy presents an overall methodology for health communication planning and implementation. It contains case examples illustrating the planning model, a wealth of reference resources and materials, and a guide to planning and evaluating a health communication project. CDC programs and partners have tailored the CDCynergy Basic Edition to create new editions highlighting how the CDCynergy planning model can be applied to specific health problems and within specific disciplines within public health. These editions also provide custom case examples of possible health communication interventions in a specific problem area. Check out Descriptions of All Editions to find out more about the various editions.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about the Gateway, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO