Multimedia products related to hand, foot, and mouth disease include a CDC feature story and a podcast. Other items about self-care practices are also available here.
- CDC Feature: Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease
An article that provides the basics about hand, foot, and mouth disease, who is commonly affected, symptoms, how it spreads, and ways to prevent it.
- Podcast: Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
A CDC epidemiologist, Dr. Eileen Schneider, talks about hand, foot, and mouth disease, its symptoms, how it spreads, and ways to help protect yourself and your children from getting infected with the virus. Listen to the 4-minute podcast.
- For more information on self-care practices see these other CDC web sites
- Clean Hands Save Lives includes tips on handwashing and when to wash your hands.
- The video Put Your Hands Together and the podcast Put your Hands Together promotes the importance of proper hand washing.
- Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings includes guidelines and an interactive training course.
- Global Handwashing Day shines a spotlight on the state of handwashing around the world and raises awareness about the benefits of handwashing with soap.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.