Cholera Information for Healthcare Professionals
Here are Cholera resources for healthcare professionals addressing diagnosis, testing, treatment, patient care, and prevention. You will also find publications and patient education materials relevant to Cholera. Some of the resources included were developed for Cholera outbreaks in other areas but have relevant information that can be applied to the Haiti Cholera Outbreak response effort.
- Cholera Information for Health Care Providers Going to Haiti
- Consider Cholera: Information for Health Care Providers Working in the U.S.
- Haiti Cholera Training Resources
Outbreak Notice - Cholera in Haiti
Diagnosis and Treatment in Haiti
Diagnosis and Testing
Laboratory Testing for Cholera
Travelers' Diarrhea (Information for Health Care Providers)
- CDC Safe Water System
- Defeating Cholera: Clinical Presentation and Management for Haiti Cholera Outbreak, 2010
Acute Watery Diarrhea and Cholera: Haiti Pre-decision Brief for Public Health Action
- Travelers Health Yellow Book Chapter 5- Other Infectious Diseases Related to Travel: Cholera
- Cholera in the Americas: Guidelines for the Clinician
Swerdlow DL and Ries AA. JAMA 1992; 267:1495-9.
- MMWR: Cholera Outbreak — Haiti, October 2010