NHSN National HAI Reports
- Healthcare facilities report infections directly into NHSN.
- Many different types of healthcare facilities from every state in the country report to NHSN.
- Data presented in the report series helps measure progress toward the infection prevention goals in the National Action Plan to Prevent Health Care-Associated Infections: Road Map to Elimination.
- Information collected through NHSN is used for CMS Hospital Compare Tool.
- Previous HAI Reports
- HAI Progress Report 2012 [PDF - 24 MB]
- SIR Report 2011 [PDF - 1 MB]
- SIR Report 2010 [PDF - 1.02 MB]
- SIR Report July to December 2009 [PDF - 903 KB]
- State-Specific SIR Report January to June 2009 [PDF - 793 KB]
- State-Specific SIR Report July to December 2009 [PDF - 448 KB]
State-based HAI Prevention
CDC’s work with state health departments helps improve HAI tracking and prevention by implementing successful prevention strategies state-wide and by monitoring the impact of these strategies across all of the state’s hospitals