National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) National HAI Reports
- Healthcare facilities report infections directly into NHSN.
- Information collected through NHSN includes central-line associated infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, surgical site infections, ventilator-associated pneumonia, blood transfusion adverse events and more.
- Many different types of healthcare facilities from every state in the country report to NHSN.
- Data presented in the report series helps measure progress toward the infection prevention goals in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services HAI Action Plan [PDF - 2.27 MB].
- Information collected through NHSN is used for CMS Hospital Compare Tool.