American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI) DHQP Performance Measures: FY10 Q1
Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases (ELC)
$39.8 million to 51 total grantees (49 states; Washington, DC; and Puerto Rico)
Activity A (# grantees = 48)
Percentage of grantees submitting state HAI plans to HHS
- 48 ÷ 48 total grantees = 100%
Percentage of grantees with approved state HAI plans
- 48 ÷ 48 total grantees =100%
Percentage of grantees with a HAI prevention coordinator in place
48 ÷ 48 grantees funded for Activity A = 100% (Final Goal = 100%)
Percentage of all hospitals participating in NHSN (sum of all NHSN HOSP categories ÷ 2008 AHA data)
- 2078 ÷ 4785 total hospitals (of 31 grantees funded for Activity B) = 43.4%. (Final Goal = 80%)
Percentage of grantees in which 80% or more of hospitals are participating in NHSN
- 6 ÷ 31 grantees funded for Activity B = 19.4%. (Final Goal = 55%)
Number of grantees with one or more new or expanded HAI prevention collaborative possessing all 4 key attributes of a strong prevention collaborative (Multidisciplinary Oversight/Advisory Group; Staffing; Communication Strategy; Outcome Measurement System) = 9. (Final Goal = 28)
- Total number of new or expanded collaboratives possessing all 4 key attributes = 10.
Number of grantees with 1 or more new or expanded HAI prevention collaboratives possessing at least 1 of the 4 key attributes of a strong prevention collaborative* (see above) = 12.
- Total number of new or expanded collaboratives possessing at least 1 of the 4 key attributes = 14.
Percentage of grantees with 25% or more of hospitals completing the Multidrug-resistant Organism (MDRO) module:
- 5 ÷ 51 total grantees = 9.8% Final Goal = 24%