Other Flu Web Sites
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated. For updated information on the current flu season, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
Influenza A viruses are found in human and many different animals, including ducks, chickens, pigs, whales, horses and seals.
- Seasonal Flu: is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that is common in the Northern Hemisphere in the fall and winter months each year.
- Flu.gov: provides one-stop access to U.S. Government H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information.
- Avian Flu: usually refers to influenza A virus found chiefly in birds, but infections can occur in humans.
- Canine Flu: is a respiratory disease of dogs caused by a specific influenza A virus.
- Swine Flu: is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza.
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
24 Hours/Every Day