rRT-PCR Flu Panel (NPS, NS, TS, NPS/TS, NA): EUA Conditions for State and/or Local Public Health Authority(ies)
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated. For updated information on the current flu season, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
As described in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) final guidance entitled “Emergency Use Authorization of Medical Products” (dated July 2007), Section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act, or “the Act”) requires the FDA Commissioner (to the extent practicable given the circumstances of the emergency) to establish certain conditions on an EUA authorization that the Commissioner finds necessary or appropriate to protect the public health, and permits the Commissioner to establish other conditions that he finds necessary or appropriate to protect the public health.
Pursuant to section 564 of the Act, the following conditions1 have been established for state and/or local public health authority(ies) regarding the emergency use of rRT-PCR Flu Panel (NPS, NS, TS, NPS/TS, NA):
Public Health and Other Qualified Laboratories will:
- Qualified laboratories will perform the assay on an Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Dx Real-time PCR instrument or the RUO marketed Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-time PCR instrument that is validated by Applied Biosystems with regard to the updated software but only partially qualified regarding its laboratory performance (proficiency testing with the CDC sample panel not performed).
- Qualified laboratories will have a process in place for reporting test results to health care providers and federal, state and/or local public health authorities, as appropriate.
State and/or Local Public Health Authority(ies) will:
Make available additional information relating to the emergency use of the authorized rRT-PCR Flu Panel (NPS, NS, TS, NPS/TS, NA) that is consistent with, and does not exceed, the terms of this letter of authorization.
- Ensure that any records associated with this EUA are maintained until notified by FDA. Such records will be made available to FDA for inspection upon request.
For laboratory questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding EUA conditions, please contact: EUA.OCET@fda.hhs.gov.
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO