Key Differences for Laboratorians in 2010 Guidelines compared to 2002 Guidelines
- Expanded options for laboratory detection of GBS, including use of pigmented media and PCR assays
- There is a revised colony count threshold for laboratories to report GBS in the urine of pregnant women.
Resources for Laboratorians
Questions and Answers Relevant to Laboratorians
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- SOP templates, which labs can modify, have been developed by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) and CDC's Streptococcus Laboratory.
Algorithms Relevant to Laboratorians
Tables Relevant to Laboratorians
Slide Sets Relevant to Laboratorians
- Page last reviewed: May 22, 2014
- Page last updated: June 1, 2014
- Content source: