Data in Action: The Details
Text version of graphic
What we do:
- Contribute to strengthening immunization and surveillance systems by improving the availability and use of high quality data.
- Build national capacity to systematically assess and monitor information systems.
- Develop, test, and implement groundbreaking tools and methods to evaluate data quality and the immunization data management cycle.
- Build national capacity in using innovative tools and methods to evaluate data quality assessment through training workshops and field exercises.
- Develop guidelines and self-help materials (such as case studies and training exercises).
- Conduct operational research on data quality and impact evaluations.
Examples of recent work:
- Pilot assessments of Immunization Data Quality Assessment (IDQA) protocol in Bolivia and Uganda.
- Review national immunization program in Cameroon.
- Build the capacity of the national immunization program staff to assess and improve immunization data quality in Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Assess and revise the WHO HQ Vaccine Preventable Invasive Bacterial Disease (VP-IBD) sentinel surveillance system
- General immunization information
- Data quality information
Text version of graphic:
- Data Management
- Data Entry
- Data Use
- Information Knowledge Understanding
- Informed Decisions
- Program Design
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Changes in Policies & Practices
- Health Impact
- Reduced Morbidity & Mortality